April 16th, 2018
12 mins 21 secs
About this Episode
n this episode, we sit down with Katherine Smith, an undergraduate Sorin Fellow spending her Spring 2018 semester in Rome, Italy. We chat about her experiences in the Eternal City, her internship at the Pontifical Academy for Life, and what being a Sorin Fellow has meant to her. We recorded this conversation in the church of Santa Maria in Vallicella, also known as Chiesa Nuova, the "new church" that St. Philip Neri and his Oratorians started building in 1575.
- In respect for the sacred space of the church, we recorded the conversation with our voices barely above a whisper.
- Sorin Fellows Program — The Center for Ethics and Culture’s Sorin Fellows Program provides Notre Dame and Saint Mary’s College undergraduate and graduate students an opportunity to deepen their understanding of the Catholic moral and intellectual tradition and examine the many ways they can be brought to bear on pressing ethical issues in culture and public policy today.
- Angelicum (Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas) — The Angelicum offers university education where faith and reason work together. It forms students as virtuous leaders, capable of evangelization and promoting integral human development. Illuminating the present by the wisdom of St. Thomas Aquinas, students, professors, and staff share in Dominican study, prayer, community and preaching.
- Pontifical Academy for Life
- Santa Maria in Vallicella (Chiesa Nuova) — In the heart of historic Rome, the church of Santa Maria in Vallicella, known as the Chiesa Nuova, the legacy of the life and work of St. Philip Neri, welcomes you.
- Theme Music: "I dunno" by Grapes — I dunno by grapes (c) copyright 2008 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/grapes/16626 Ft: J Lang, Morusque