We chat with professor Duncan G. Stroik of the Notre Dame School of Architecture. Duncan's area of focus is Sacred Architecture, and he both teaches and practices in the field. We recorded this conversation in his firm's office in the Tower Building in downtown South Bend.
- Duncan G. Stroik Architect, LLC — Homepage for the firm of Duncan G. Stroik Architect, LLC.
- Book: The Church Building as a Sacred Place — “The Church Building as a Sacred Place not only highlights the ideas and motivations behind today’s flowering of classical architecture, but also gives hope and inspiration for those ready to see new churches that can be handed on proudly to future generations.” —Denis R. McNamara, Author, Catholic Church Architecture and the Spirit of the Liturgy
- Jesuit High opens new Chapel of the Holy Cross, a 'sermon in brick and stone' — For more than two years, students, faculty and staff have watched workers turn bricks and columns into a soaring architectural work at the center of Jesuit High School’s 40-acre Tampa campus. On Tuesday, more than 500 people turned out for the culmination of the work — the dedication of the new Chapel of the Holy Cross, where students enrolled at the Roman Catholic all-boys school will attend their daily convocations and where Mass and sacraments will be celebrated. Designed by Duncan Stroik, architecture professor at the University of Notre Dame, the 900-seat octagonal chapel features a brick exterior, original sculptures and limestone columns reminiscent of Renaissance cathedrals.
- St. Joseph Cathedral Restoration — Cathedral of Saint Joseph in Sioux Falls, SD.
- Architecture for the Poor or an Impoverished Architecture? Insights from the Franciscan Tradition — Professor Duncan G. Stroik presented this talk at the de Nicola Center for Ethics and Culture's 2014 Fall Conference, "The Cry of the Poor"
- Theme Song: "I Dunno" by grapes — I dunno by grapes (c) copyright 2008 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/grapes/16626 Ft: J Lang, Morusque