J. J. Wright is a composer with roots in jazz and sacred music. He is the director of the Notre Dame Folk Choir, and his gig list includes recording and performing with Caribbean Jazz Project: Afro Bop Alliance, featuring vibraphonist Dave Samuels. The album was nominated for a GRAMMY for 'Best Latin Jazz Album' and won the Latin GRAMMY in the same category. In addition to Mr. Samuels, J.J. has had the privilege of performing with Billy Hart, Ike Sturm, Nate Wood, Chris Cheek, Zach Harmon, Mark Ferber, Matt Ulery, and Delfeayo Marsalis.
- J. J. Wright Music — Homepage of J. J. Wright
- Vespers for the Immaculate Conception — Produced by the Grammy-award winning and Billboard Chart topping composer, musician and choir director at the University of Notre Dame, J.J. Wright, this album is a unique, beautiful recording that brings audiences a new vision of sacred music by fusing the rich heritage of Catholic sacred music with the tradition of jazz. It is a concertized vespers service that tells the story of the miraculous origin of Mary. The music takes the listener on a spiritual journey through ancient prayers and psalms that strengthen our relationship with Mary, Mother of God.
- Notre Dame Magazine: Having Coffee with J. J. Wright — "Class assignments trigger student anxiety all across campus every day, no story there, but what happened to pianist J.J. Wright during his first semester at Notre Dame was more like existential anguish. "Asking her sacred music students to create prayer services within particular musical traditions, Professor Margot Fassler had urged Wright, then a new graduate student, to compose a jazz setting for evening prayer, known by tradition as vespers."
- Notre Dame Folk Choir YouTube Channel — The Notre Dame Folk Choir is made up of sixty vocalists and musicians from all levels and disciplines at the university. Our ensemble serves the Notre Dame community as one of its principal liturgical choirs, primarily singing at the 11:45 Mass at the Basilica each Sunday.
- Theme Song: "I Dunno" by grapes — I dunno by grapes (c) copyright 2008 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. Ft: J Lang, Morusque