Zena Hitz was a scholar in residence at the de Nicola Center for Ethics and Culture in 2018, where she wrote the bulk of the manuscript that is now published as "Lost In Thought: The Hidden Pleasures of an Intellectual Life."
- Zena Hitz.net — This page is mainly to collect my writing for interested readers.
- Lost In Thought: The Hidden Pleasures of an Intellectual Life — In an overloaded, superficial, technological world, in which almost everything and everybody is judged by its usefulness, where can we turn for escape, lasting pleasure, contemplation, or connection to others? While many forms of leisure meet these needs, Zena Hitz writes, few experiences are so fulfilling as the inner life, whether that of a bookworm, an amateur astronomer, a birdwatcher, or someone who takes a deep interest in one of countless other subjects.
- Minds Stocked Only with Opinions: review of ‘Lost in Thought’ by Charles McNamara — Commonweal Magazine review of Zena's book.
- Escape from Quarantine — Zena's reflections on intellectual work in the time of lockdown
- Theme Song: "I Dunno" by grapes — I dunno by grapes (c) copyright 2008 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. Ft: J Lang, Morusque