On April 26, 2019, we were joined by His Eminence, Timothy Cardinal Dolan, the Archbishop of New York, for a special Mass in the Basilica of the Sacred Heart as we formally dedicated the de Nicola Center for Ethics and Culture. In this episode, we share the Cardinal's homily at that Mass, in which he speaks about the mission of a great Catholic university like Notre Dame, and the role that the de Nicola Center plays in advancing that mission to share the richness of the Catholic moral and intellectual tradition.
- Cardinal Dolan's biography — His Eminence, Timothy Cardinal Dolan was named Archbishop of New York by Pope Benedict XVI on February 23, 2009. He was installed as Archbishop of New York on April 15, 2009. He had served as Archbishop of Milwaukee since he was named by Pope John Paul II on June 25, 2002. He was installed as Milwaukee’s 10th archbishop on August 28, 2002, at the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist. Archbishop Gabriel Montalvo, Papal Nuncio to the United States, installed Archbishop Dolan.
- Mass Readings for Friday, April 26, 2019 (Friday in the Octave of Easter) — Acts of the Apostles 4:1-12; Psalm 118; John 21: 1–14
- Video: Dedication Mass for the de Nicola Center — Celebrated and preached on April 26, 2019, by His Eminence, Timothy Cardinal Dolan in the Basilica of the Sacred Heart at the University of Notre Dame.
- Video: Dedication Ceremony of the de Nicola Center for Ethics and Culture — Speakers include Timothy Cardinal Dolan (Archbishop of New York), Rev. John I. Jenkins, C.S.C. (University President), Dean Sarah Mustillo (Dean of the College of Arts & Letters), Christie de Nicola (Benefactor), and Keenan White (undergraduate Sorin Fellow).
- Theme Song: "I Dunno" by grapes — I dunno by grapes (c) copyright 2008 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. Ft: J Lang, Morusque